“The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out WHY.”
Have you ever thought about your WHY? Your WHY is the reason you do what you do. It’s what makes you get out of bed in the morning and tackle your work with zest. If you find yourself wondering why you chose to do what you do or if your business is feeling stagnant, you may need WHY Coaching.
What is a WHY?
Your brain is divided into two main parts: the limbic system and the neocortex. The neocortex is the rational, analytical part of the brain. This is the part of the brain that will ask questions like “what do I want?” and “how do I want it?” The limbic system is the emotional, decision-making part of the brain. This is where your feelings of trust and loyalty are nested. The limbic part of the brain asks the question “why do I want it?”
Knowing why you do something is the foundation of Why you behave the way you do. It’s the driving force that motivates and inspires your behavior.. There are 9 main WHYs:
- Contribute: You want to be a part of something bigger, make an impact on the world, or add value to something.
- Trust: You seek to establish relationships based on trust.
- Make sense: You are driven to make sense out of something complex or difficult.
- Better way: You want to improve something and share the results.
- Right way: You want to do things the right way.
- Challenge: You’re moved to think outside the box and challenge the status quo.
- Master: You desire to master and fully understand something.
- Clarify: You want to clarify something.
- Simplicity: You want to make things simple and easy to understand.
Understanding your Why is very important. Most people think they have one Why, when it is in fact another. Being in touch with your WHY will make you a better communicator, more unique, and more passionate!
Ready for your AHA! Moment? Call Allan Hirsh Advisors today!
At Allan Hirsh Advisors we believe in making a difference in the lives of CEOs and Business owners. We help you discover why you do what you do, understand your personal and professional visions. We ask questions, listen to you, give you feedback so you can make better decisions that align with your why and your visions and hold you accountable for your decisions. All this so you can improve your life and improve the lives of the people around you. If you are interested in taking your business to the next level then contact Allan Hirsh Advisors to learn how we can Create AHA! Moments for you.
Tune into AHA! Business Radio Tuesdays from 6-7 pm EST on CBS Sports Radio, 1300 AM to listen to Allan Hirsh and his guests discuss all areas of business. And don’t forget to follow Allan Hirsh Advisors on Facebook and Twitter too!